Wednesday 20 June 2012

Shiny new blog

Since reading is my favourite thing, and has been since I was 7, I thought it was about time I dedicated more time to it.  So here is my new blog, where I'll be blogging about the books I've been reading, musing about future reads, and maybe even do a bit of creative writing myself.

In truth, I have been planning a book of my own for years, but fear of failure has stopped me from trying.  But this is the year that changes. and I start to take it seriously.

I've just finished reading the Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings and feel a little bereft now.  I want to live in Middle Earth I think.  I love books how books can transport you to another world.  The best and purest form of escapism.  If I had my way I'd spend every waking moment with my head in a book.


Marian  Keyes' new book comes out in September, and it's about my favourite of the Walsh sisters - Helen, so I'm very, very excited. The Mystery of Mercy Close is released on 13th September 2012.  I have loved all of Marian's books, read each several times and now shared them with my daughter, aged 13.  She is definitely one of my favourite authors, and a true inspiration to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment